Sunday, February 19, 2012

Today was another good day for Mom. She went to church in the morning. This afternoon Alicia and I met her at Kohls for the start of a Sunday shopping spree.

During our drive, Mom said that she wants to get some microwave dinners so that she can easily make a quick meal. That comment reminded me of a suggestion that my friend Renee offered. She said to try the Kashi dinners. So, after we dropped Mom off, Alicia and I went to Pick-N-Save and stocked up on Kashi frozen dinners for Mom (and ourselves!) After we delivered the dinners to Mom, Alicia announced that "we are the Food Ninjas!" It was the perfect comment for a good time and made us both laugh.

The best piece of news that I can offer for the day is that Mom weighed herself today and actually gained a few pounds! When she told me we high-fived each other in the middle of Kohls. Mom has been working extremely hard at keeping up with the food intake. Again, I am so very proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment