Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Drat. (That is the nice word for what I want to say.) I just spent 20 minutes writing my daily post and I deleted it! Again, Drat.

Here are the basics of my original post. Mom's second day of chemo went well. She is feeling fatigued, but that is certainly to be expected. Her ankles are also slightly swollen. She thinks that is partly due to sitting for long periods of time. Sitting is not a favorite past-time of Mom's, as most of you know. Regardless, I am going to look up that symptom in my books tonight. And, Mom will report it during her treatment tomorrow.

Mom was happy about one thing today. Tomorrow will be her last day of chemo for more than two weeks! Actually, she was happy about two things. After her treatment tomorrow she has an appointment at the Wellness Center to look at wigs. I told her that she really needs to splurge on this purchase. (Are you listening, Mom? Go all out! Get what you want!) I am a bit sad that I can't be with her tomorrow to help her decide. But, if the people at the Wellness Center are anything like the other people at Froedert, she is in excellent hands.

Today Carley sent us some wonderful recipes. Thank you, Carley! Let' see, there was a chickpea salad, granola, baked oatmeal, and chicken tortilla soup. Yum!

Mom also met with the dietitian today and received a packet of information, recipes, and nutrition advice. I told Mom to look through everything, pick out what sounds best, and we'll make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment