Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Today Mom and Dad headed back up to Froedert. Mom had to get an Xray of her lung and then they met with Dr. Gasparri, Mom's surgeon. He said that everything looks good in regards to the surgery she had a few weeks ago.

After work today I got to see Mom's new wig. It is really cute! The color is just slightly lighter than how she has been wearing it. I think it makes her look even younger! Next week she has an appointment to have the finishing touches done on it. It sounds like they have to fit it to her head and then they will trim it if it needs it. 

Mom still has almost two weeks before she needs to have another cycle of chemo. February 28th is the day that she reports back. I took the day off to go with her to the first marathon treatment. She has been trying to convince me not to, but she lost this one. I told her that we are going to spend the day "dancing in the rain." I am going to bring a book on paper folding, some color crayons and coloring books, the portable DVD player, and, of course, our books. And, if we have time, we may even take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment