Friday, February 17, 2012

Last night, I awoke in the middle of the night with a terrible realization. I FORGOT TO BLOG! You see, being my mother's daughter, I have a tendency to do something not just a little, but all the way. I started blogging. So, now I have to blog every day.

My brother is like that, too. He doesn't just ride his bike for fun and exercise. He rides his bike all year long. In rain. In snow. To work. To the cabin. (Yep. He actually rode his bike once from Minneapolis to Sayner, WI.)

Because you know my mom, you have probably noticed this tendency in her. She picks a subject and learns everything she possibly can about it. Her latest interests include art history, the Civil War, birds, and any obscure historical foreign princess or president's wife of strong character. My husband Charlie always teases her about her non-fiction reading and threatens to buy her a fiction book someday.

Anyway, the reason I am telling you this is two-fold. One, because this tendency of ours is sort of amusing when it is not an annoyance to those around us. And two, because I am currently learning everything I possibly can about kicking cancer's ass. And, three... (Did I say "two-fold"? I meant three.) I plan to share what I am learning with you.

The first lesson will begin tomorrow. But, for today, since I have already said a mouthful, I just want to assure you that Mom is doing wonderful. Tonight my parents and I went to the library book sale and cleaned them out. Then we met up with Charlie and Conrad for a burger at Culver's. We had a great time, just hanging out together. Tomorrow Mom is heading to the Civil War museum. And, Sunday her and Alicia have some shopping to do. I plan to steal away and join them. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend as much as we plan to.

No comments:

Post a Comment