Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mom seems to have had a pretty good day. No swelling. No dehydration. She is very tired, but that is expected. Dad drove her to church this morning. She can drive herself, but I think she is just being careful. Mom told me on Saturday that Dad is really stepping up to the plate — taking care of household chores, driving her to the endless appointments, shopping for things that she needs, and just being the wonderful man that he is.

This morning my good friend Kathy gave me a beautiful blender to give to my mom. Kathy is getting a new one and she immediately thought of giving her gently used blender to my mother. Everyday I feel so lucky to have such caring people in our lives. 

This afternoon I received a very kind email from Mom's friend Helen at hospice. She had many wonderful things  to say about Mom. She also inquired about the comment tool on this blog. After reading her email, I checked the comment tool and it doesn't seem to be working. I will figure out how to fix that and put a note somewhere visible on the blog when it is working. Thank you very much, Helen, for bringing it to my attention!

Tonight I stopped by my parent's house. Mom was talking via Skype to my brother Craig, his wife Madeline, and Mom's youngest grandchild, Eliana who live in Minneapolis. Eliana was doing a wonderful job of making "MiMi" smile. Mom was just oozing happiness listening to Eliana describe all of the activities surrounding her fifth birthday. She will definitely have sweet dreams tonight. So will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment