Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yesterday I asked my grandpa and grandma (Mom's deceased parents) if we could keep Mom for a while longer. Today they answered me. Mom's CT scan reveals that Mom's esophagus is back to a normal size. The tumor is responding very well to the chemo. And, Doctor Ritch says that Mom "has been jumping hurdles!" We could not have gotten better news!


One area that Mom is having a little trouble is with her platelet counts. She has been struggling with maintaining platelet counts for years. And, right now she is on the low side. The chemo makes this especially tough. I started poking around to see what dietary things we can do to help with this. Vitamin C is highly recommended. So is Papaya Leaf juice. So, if anyone's papaya trees are getting their leaves in, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment