Friday, March 16, 2012


I still don't have the camera to show pictures. But, I am going to share one story from this week anyway. I will post the picture later.

First, I must say that I likely won't get it all correct, because this story is coming to you third-hand. (Pat told my mom, my mom told me, and I am telling you.) But, I will do my best.

Pat Dolan, a very close friend of Mom's, told my mom of an unusual thing that happened to her this week. At Pat's church, the minister has been handing out pewter key chains that have different spiritual figures and scripture engraved into them. A couple of week's ago, one key chain in particular caught Pat's eye. It was in the shape of Christ holding out his arms with a scripture passage on the back. When Pat saw it, she thought of my mom, and how nice it would be to give her one. But, for one reason or another, Pat was not able to get one.

A week or two later at service, Pat reached into the pew for her hymnal or Bible and what did she find? The exact key chain that she wanted to get for Mom! Pat said that this experience was unbelievable because she always sits in the same spot at church every week. And, she knew that there wasn't a key chain in the pew the week before. Pat said that when she found the key chain in the pew, she had an overwhelming feeling that she had to give the key chain to Mom. And, of course, she did.

Mom is so delighted with this story! She couldn't wait to tell me about it and show me the key chain. She said she has been experiencing so many things like this since her diagnosis. Mom calls them little miracles. And, with the joy and peace these stories bring to my Mom, I am inclined to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment