Monday, March 12, 2012

Today Mom found out that she will be starting her first chemo/radiation therapy cycle on March 26th. I am hoping to be able to go with her because that first day is going to be another marathon treatment. It sounds like blood work, oncologist appointment, radiation, fluids, chemo, more fluids. We are going to have to figure out how this is all going to work, because radiation is going to be five days a week for probably ten weeks. (I am not sure if they take a break between cycles when it comes to radiation.) I know that she is at the best hospital in the area. I just wish that my parents didn't have to do so much traveling and that I could take more of the burden.


On a happier note, Mom received another beautiful card over the weekend! I took a picture of it. Unfortunately, I cannot remember how to spell the giver's first name, so I will wait for confirmation from Mom before I tell you. Besides, a little mystery is good for the soul.

By the way, if anyone has any great ideas of what I can do to make all of the cards Mom has been getting into a wonderful keepsake, please let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment