Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mom tells me that there are people who are being brought into her life for a reason on this journey. She describes these relationships as miracles. Today, Mom shared with great joy another miracle that has stepped into her life. Her name is Sheila.

Mom and Sheila both go to the Kenosha Senior Center. But, it was not until the two ladies met at Froedert that they even realized that they knew of each other. Sheila is on a similar journey as my mom and is being treated for breast cancer. The first time that Mom met Sheila at Froedert, she described the encounter as amazing. After all, they didn't meet at the Senior Center in the city that they both live in. Instead, they met at the hospital an hour away and they struck up a meaningful conversation. I don't know exactly what they talked about, but I do know that it made quite an impression on Mom.

Today, Mom received a phone call from Sheila. This kind woman, in the midst of her own challenge, went out of her way to track down my mom to tell her about a clinical study they are doing regarding blackberries and esophageal cancer. Mom said that they talked for almost an hour. The joy I heard in my Mom's voice as she related this experience was incredible and totally inspired by the miraculous heart of this very special soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment