Monday, April 16, 2012

70 years ago today a most amazing person was born. Marguerite Edith Seiler. My mom. I cannot tell you how thankful I am this very day to be able to tell my mom, "Happy Birthday. I love you."

Unfortunately, Mom's birthday was not one of the better days in the past few weeks. She is now feeling the irritation in her esophagus from the radiation treatments. Also, her white blood counts are still low, so they are going to wait another week before beginning the next round of chemo. While I certainly wish that Mom was feeling better, this really isn't horrible or unexpected news. First of all, the irritation is because the bad cells in the esophagus are being damaged beyond repair. That is what we want. (Some healthy cells are also being damaged, but they will be able to repair themselves.) And, her low white blood cell count is not unusual. Two different professionals told her today that her bone marrow is exhausted from the treatments. It needs some time to recover. So, holding off on the chemo is a good thing. They will, however, continue with the radiation treatments every day this week.

Mom told me today that we just need to keep wishing, praying, and thinking positive thoughts. I wouldn't think of doing otherwise. And, I know that all of you are right there with us.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment