Monday, October 22, 2012

While I do not have anything "medical" to report, I can tell you that Mom had the most wonderful glow about her today. After breakfast with Dad, Mom and Alicia spent the day shopping, taking in a movie, and talking over coffee. When I came by after work, Mom was making Dad a dinner of sourdough, grilled cheese sandwiches. All of these activities would not have been possible about three weeks ago when Mom was admitted to the hospital. Then, Mom and I sat on the couch and talked about today's miracles and looked at some pictures of Amanda from a few years back.

When I look at my mom, I do not see illness. Instead, I see the most beautiful and courageous woman who is more alive than anyone I have ever known. (Except for maybe Conrad. Mom and Conrad are about tied these days in appreciating the wonders of the world.)

Oh...one more thing! I want to share a picture with you that captures a tender moment between Mom and Eliana. If this doesn't brighten your day, I don't know what will...



No comments:

Post a Comment