Monday, October 15, 2012

Mom had another miracle to tell me about today. She said it was either a miracle or a sign.  As she was opening the ladies room door at Froedert Cancer Center, standing in the doorway was her friend Mishu! (I know that I am likely misspelling her name. Please forgive me.) This connection brought much happiness to Mom's day.

Mom's radiologist is starting to lower her steroid prescription, which has been reducing the swelling in the brain and thereby reducing the symptoms of unbalance and trouble walking. Of course, this makes me nervous because Mom has been enjoying feeling quite well for the past week or so. By reducing the steroid, her symptoms may return. As I understand it, the hope is that the radiation treatments should be helping with the tumors and the swelling should not be as pronounced. So, what we need to pray for over the course of the next few days is that the radiation has been blasting the hell out of those tumors and that the symptoms do not return to the degree they once were.

No comments:

Post a Comment