Saturday, October 13, 2012

I stopped at my parent's house today to help Mom clean out the fridge. What a liberating activity that is! Getting rid off all of the old and making room for the new. In fact, I was so inspired, that I cleaned out my own fridge when I got home.

When I got to Mom's house, she was sitting in her chair, writing in her journal. She read me today's entry. I cannot remember the exact wording. But, I'd like to share the take-a-way with you.

Mom wrote about her mom -- my grandmother. Grandma didn't like to wrap presents. She used to put gifts in brown paper bags and staple them shut. But, my mom told me, that the things inside of the brown paper bags were the most wonderful hand-made items. Grandma must have been an excellent time manager -- spending her valuable time making the gift, but not wasting time on the packaging.

Mom said that she looked out the window this morning and saw the grey sky. She said that we just needed to unwrap the grey sky to find the miracle waiting for us today. Just like Grandma's gifts.

Then Mom showed me the miracle of the day. She picked up her left foot (the bad foot as she calls it) and moved it from side to side. That was something that she was unable to do a week ago.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another grey, rainy day in southeastern Wisconsin. But, I am sure that there is another miracle just waiting to be unwrapped. We just have to look for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment