Sunday, May 27, 2012

As always, you are more than welcome to read today's post. However, please know that my intent is not to convince any of you of my love and devotion to my mom. If you know me or have followed this blog, you know where my heart lies. Instead, this post is to serve as a reminder to myself as to how I have been spending these days. I worry that someday I may read back over my blog entries and see a gap of three days. I do not want to leave myself wondering why. I cannot leave any room for me to second guess myself. There must not be any regrets. My mom is on my mind and in my heart every step of the way.

I speak to Mom daily. Usually several times a day. Every day that it is possible, I visit my mom. I stop at my parents house after work. On the weekends I come each day. I make her egg drop soup. I take Lucy on our "fat camp" hikes. I help Mom do things around the house. We sit. We talk. We are together.

Today was one of the most wonderful days. It is Dad's birthday. He and I went out to the flea market in Wilmot. It was exceptionally hot for Memorial Day weekend. But, that didn't slow us down. When we returned I went home and picked up my dogs. We went back to my parents and Mom and I and the three dogs sat in the shade. We read a little. We talked a little. We enjoyed the breeze. Later Dad and I took the three dogs on a walk down to the pond. It was so hot that we decided to chance a short cut on the way home. We cut through the yards and made our way through the brush that lines the back lot at my parent's house. It was one of those days that you wish would never ever end. I wish that I could take a day like this, put it in my pocket, and pull it out anytime.



No comments:

Post a Comment