Sunday, April 14, 2013

Today, as I sit at home, especially sad -- even with the warm sunshine beaming in the window (or maybe because of it) -- I search  others' blogs for some comfort in my grief. Not finding anything but more pain, I decide, "What the hell. Why not write some words of comfort myself?"

In my last post, I wrote about unwrapping the miracles of the grey day. And you know what? We received a wonderful, absolutely beautiful miracle that day! My daughter Alicia was offered a part in an upcoming musical at the Racine Theater Guild -- "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum".

As most of you know, Alicia was especially close to my mom. My mom was more than a grandmother to Alicia. Mimi was Alicia's best friend in the whole world, in every way. Naturally, Mom's passing has been very difficult for Alicia. I have been praying that Alicia receive something to help her find her way.

Thursday afternoon, the director from a show that Alicia was in last fall, called her. He wanted to know why Alicia didn't audition for his upcoming show. Alicia told him, "Because it is a musical, and I don't sing."

His response? "You do now!" 

Alicia was given a part on the spot. She starts practice tomorrow. I cannot tell you what an amazing gift this is! Alicia is never, NEVER, happier than when she is involved in a play. It is like all of the hurt and confusion of life falls away and exposes Alicia in her purest form. Simply magnificent.

My mom loved nothing more than watching Alicia perform. While part of me is sad that my mom won't be here for this show, a bigger part of me is certain that she will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment