Sunday, January 13, 2013

Have you ever had a smiled plastered to your face while tears streamed down your cheeks? Well, that is what happened to me today on my hike in the woods, as I thanked God for the past year of blessings. A year ago today Mom was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. Today, she is still with us.

While this year has been the most difficult of our lives, it has also been a year of great blessings. We have experienced the most generous love of our friends and the goodness of strangers. We have realized what is most important in life and learned to let go of what isn't. We have loved without holding back. We have discovered a well within us that offers a never-ending supply of strength and courage (although at times we have had to dig it a little deeper.) We have cried many tears and laughed so hard that our insides hurt. And, for me, this year has introduced a faith in God that stretches beyond our time on earth.

Below is a picture that I took on my hike today. It doesn't look like much -- just a treetop against the sky. The quality of the photo is poor, too. (I took it on my phone.) But, it is extremely significant to me. March 3rd of last year this tree was presented to me as a message of peace and comfort. (You can read the story in this post: http://mimiswishingwell.blogspot.com/2012/03/today-i-would-like-to-share-with-you.html) Today as I gazed up at the tree, I gave thanks for this gift as it has helped me through many difficult times.















No comments:

Post a Comment