Tuesday, November 6, 2012

This past weekend we had a wonderful visit with Mom's brother and his wife, Jim and Sonia!

Uncle Jim and Aunt Sonia (as I call them) flew in from California Friday afternoon. Because I had a date with my 8-year-old son at his school Halloween party, I was not able to join them for dinner at the Twisted Cuisine. However, I heard that the food was good and I know that Mom was so happy to have them here.

On Saturday morning, Mom, Dad, Uncle Jim, and Aunt Sonia went to a craft fair at Bradford High School. They came home with a bunch of goodies, including T-shirts for Craig and Nina (my cousin) that say "Bike Naked", a Green Bay Packer outfit for Eliana's doll, and an advent calendar for Nina's dog that holds milkbone biscuits. (It is the cutest thing!) That afternoon we sat around talking. It was so fun to hear the many stories about Uncle Jim and Aunt Sonia's grandson Bug. (His actual name is Ryan, but he goes by "Bug" for now.) Then, we
all went out for legendary Kenosha pizza!

The best part of the entire weekend, was Uncle Jim's special surprise. He brought a slide projector and about 20 slides of him, my mom, and my grandparents from when Mom and Uncle Jim were kids. Because there were only a few slides, we spent many minutes on each. We laughed at my grandmother's tendency to cut off people, but to take great pictures of walls. Aunt Sonia took great pleasure in pointing out my uncle's ears whenever there was a question of his identity. I especially enjoyed seeing pictures of my mom as a young girl. She was tall and thin -- all arms and legs -- just like I was!
 
The picture below was taken just after the slide show entertainment. From left to right: Aunt Sonia, Uncle Jim, and Mom

 

No comments:

Post a Comment