Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tonight when I stopped to visit Mom she looked very well! I think this is the best that I have seen her in six weeks or more. She said that she had a pretty good day, but that she was expecting a coughing fit to come along at any minute. She also said that mornings between 8:00 and 9:00 are the worst. So, she takes a nap then. Nothing wrong with that!

Here is something that is very exciting. Mom's hair is growing back! She told me before, but now you can really see it. Just when we were all getting used to her bald head...

Mom went to a special Yoga class at one of the hospitals here in Kenosha today. The class was for cancer patients and focused on breathing. Not only did she learn some new things about breathing in regards to relaxation, but also that breathing helps cleanse the body of toxins. She enjoyed the class. But, she was the only one who attended! Can you believe that? A free class and not a single other person attended. Needless to say, she received some very personalized attention.

Mom told me something tonight that I will always remember. She said that she doesn't go to classes like that expecting to become an expert. Her only goal is to leave learning one new thing. If she can learn one new thing, then the effort was worth it. No wonder my mom is so smart. Learning is her lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment