Sunday, June 3, 2012

The past few days have been a bit of a whirlwind. My husband Charlie had sinus surgery on Thursday. I don't think I really appreciated all of the work he did around the house until he couldn't do it. (Sorry, Char.) I decided that I really wanted to spend another weekend hanging out with my parents. So, I pushed the housework on through and was able to go to visit Mom and Dad both days.

Conrad went with me. Saturday we put up the hammock and the umbrella shade thing-a-ma-bob. Then we just sat around chatting, relaxing and playing musical chairs. (We had a hard time deciding whether we wanted sun or shade, a hammock or chair, etc. Such decisions!) Conrad took out the bearded dragon who enjoyed basking in the sun and tromping through the grass. Alicia also came by after work. I made potato pancakes for dinner. Mom is still struggling with getting food down. So, she decided to save hers to try another day.

On Sunday, we stopped over again after swimming at the lake. This time we parked ourselves on the back deck and watched the birds. I never realized how much fun just hanging out is. All you need is some good company and a comfy chair. The sunshine helps, too. I couldn't be more thankful to have spent another great weekend with my parents.

Below: Alicia and Conrad, just hanging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment