Monday, March 11, 2013

I am pretty wiped today. So, at this point, I am only going to provide the basics about Mom's funeral so that people can plan accordingly. I will write more soon, sharing the story of Mom's last days in this life.

A memorial service will be held at 11:00 am on Monday, March 18 at Wesley Methodist Church (4600 60th Street, Kenosha, WI). A visitation, also at the church, will precede the service from 9:30 to 11:00. In lieu of flowers, memorials to Wesley Methodist Church and Hospice Alliance would be greatly appreciated.

Below is one of the few requests that Mom wrote down regarding her funeral arrangements. I wanted to share this with everyone ahead of time so that people can start thinking about what they might want to share.

"I think it would be nice if you had some memory books, blank books for people to write their favorite stories about me. There might not be many stories, but that's OK. At least what you get will be a different viewpoint of me. I always thought those books were nice for the family that is left. I enjoyed contributing to them."

2 comments:

  1. I am reading through the blog after finding out about Senora Conrad's passing yesterday. I am very thankful to read about her journey and your journey as a family. I am sorry I did not know about her illness sooner as to offer you all a little more support. Your mother changed my life. She changed so many people's lives. She touched so many of her students in such a profound way (I am particularly thinking of the post you wrote about running into her student Eric – I agree 100%). Specifically, she taught me about being passionate, setting boundaries, being dedicated to hard work, going the extra mile, finding the fun in everything, and how to value education. Plus so much more than this. I always wanted to go to her class to spend time with her in the warm environment she created. She is the teacher I think about most and miss the most. Your mother lives in me and in all of the students she touched. I hope that brings you peace and happiness. I am sending you and the rest of your family so much love and I am so grateful that you shared your mother with me. I would not be the same person without her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, you have no idea what a gift you have given me tonight. My mom loved her students and always wanted the best for them. Knowing that she is helping steer your life is proof to me that she lives on. Thank you so very much for sharing your story. Bless you.

      Delete