Friday, January 27, 2012

Today my parents are headed back up to Freodert for a MRI. For those of you who are not aware of the hospital’s proximity, it is in Wauwatosa. Which in my mind is “Milwaukee”. Wauwatosans may feel otherwise.


The drive is about an hour north of my parent’s home in Kenosha. As I said, the business of today is to run an MRI on my mom. The reason for the MRI is to ensure that we are not dealing with any cancer in the head region. When talking with the doctors this seemed to be more of a precaution or routine procedure. They want a full picture of what we are dealing with so that they can formulate the best possible treatment plan.


While every day seems to bring on a new piece of worry, I am trying hard to think positive and live in the moment. The worst that will happen today is that my dad will get lost. Now that he is retired, he seems to take great pleasure in finding new and improved ways of getting somewhere. Mom is going to tell him that he can drive anywhere he wants — after the appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment