Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sunday was a tough day -- probably one of the worst days I have had since Mom died. I don't know why, but the grief was erupting inside me and I had to let it out. So, I drove down to the lake. And I wrote God a letter. Very slowly and intentionally I penned these simple words:

Please help me.
I miss her so much.
I hurt so badly.
I am lost but searching.
You spoke to me before.
Please speak to me again.
Help me to see.
Open my heart.
Guide my hand.


It was a bitter cold day. But the sun shone brightly through my car window. I allowed the sun to soak up my prayer and dry my tears. Then I drove home and cried some more.

Today is Tuesday. I had an eye appointment at Sears Optical and was a little excited about getting my first pair of glasses. As I was leaving the store, not thinking about anything in particular, God responded to Sunday's prayer in a most unexpected way. These were the words posted on the door:






Skeptics may see this as a mere coincidence. But, there is no doubt in my mind that this was a message from God. When God talks, she has a way of making her voice known. It is like being struck by a powerful wave of knowledge. You don't believe. You simply know.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kerry,

    When I was driving in to Kenosha to visit my parents last weekend, a song came on the 106.7 Spanish radio station that was the first Spanish song that I ever learned that your mom taught me! "Experiencia Religiosa" by Enrique Iglesias. It is a pretty old song (1995) that doesn't get played that often. I just smiled and thought about how awesome your mom was. I thought you would like to know I was thinking about her, and then you. I enjoy continuing to read your posts. Hope you are hanging in there and that all is well.

    Much love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, thank you so much for sharing this! I remember when I was in Junior High and my mom was dropping me off for school. She was playing her Spanish music, which at the time I thought was so uncool. As I opened the door, my creepy little brother turned the volume all the way up. I was mortified! We laughed about that for years. Still do. Yes -- my mom was pretty awesome. But, I have a feeling she thought you were pretty awesome, too. She sure loved her students.

    ReplyDelete