Saturday, October 26, 2013

Today is my mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary. I really wanted to do something special to commemorate the day. But, things didn't turn out as I had planned. I submitted their anniversary information and wedding photo to the Kenosha News so that they could be included in the Sunday write up. But, because I mentioned that Mom had passed away, the Kenosha News called me and told me that they couldn't run it. That hurt more than I imagined.

Wesley Methodist Church is going to include a simple write up in the service program tomorrow. And, I am bringing flowers for the alter to commemorate the day. I am sure that will be lovely.

I am also going to give my dad Mom's journal entry from October 26, 2012 — their 49th Wedding Anniversary. I hope it will warm his heart to hear how much mom loves him.

Below is a picture of my mom and dad on their wedding day. I don't know what I did to deserve such wonderful parents. I love them with all my heart.

Happy 50th Anniversary, Mom and Dad. I celebrate you today and every day.






No comments:

Post a Comment